Wednesday 20 July 2016

~Saving the pennies~

Who else is with me when I say, money equals worry? Is money constantly playing on your mind? Same and it's the WORST. Since leaving college last month, I've been trying to fit more hours in at work, however, nothing seems to compensate all spending I do and after all, every little helps. So what else can we do to save our pennies and up our 'only spend what we need' game in time for summer? 



Shop around

If you're similar to me and fall head over heels for a wardrobe piece and you can't get it out of your head until you've ruined your bank account, then you're doing it all wrong. Browsing is key. You may find a very similar item or a fantastic dupe elsewhere for a quarter of the price. You can download shopping apps including 'Mallzee', of which you can browse similar items all in the same place. So, snap out of that 'love at first sight' mode and get to it.


Bring lunch

Lunch is my favourite time of day, actually scrap that, food in general is my favourite time of the day, and yes, majority of my money is thrown away on take aways and eating out. It actually saddens me to think about how much money I've spent over the past few months on food, sigh. This is 1000000% the area I need to work on the most when it comes to saving and the only way I can *just about* manage to resist buying food is to sort myself out with a tasty baguette and some scrumptious snacks the night before work. Also, take a drink with you...the pounds seriously do add up!

Groupon is my savour 

I've recently downloaded the Groupon app and honestly, it's one of my most used apps on my phone. It's particularly good for dining out as they offer a selection of money-off vouchers for the best restaurants around. They also offer discounted days out and cheap trips away, DOWNLOAD IT NOW, seriously. 

Avoid delivery costs

Recently, avoiding the shops and dragging ques and instead, ordering online has been very much preferred. Although, paying money for the order and then £4-5 delivery just isn't viable and frankly, I aint got time for that. Delivery costs quickly add up so instead, spend an extra £10 or so, to qualify for free delivery and then return free of charge and obviously, get your money back off the items not needed. Of course check with the T&Cs but it's definitely worth the hassle in the long run.

The un-breakable money box

Dipping into savings from the piggy bank is just too easy, so why not buy one which you can only dip into once you've smashed it to a million pieces. THIS IS WHAT I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR. It makes resisting a whole lot easier and you can purchase them from the pound shop, even better!

Sell everythaaaang

Unwanted clothes, shoes, games, consoles...SELL IT ALL. Download Ebay, Amazon and Depop, honestly, people will buy anything and everything! It's seriously worth looking into and ensure you set up a PayPal account so money can be paid to you safely and securely.Your trash, is somebody elses treasure. Guaranteed you'd be surprised to see what you can earn from your own front room.

What are your money saving tips? I'd love to hear from you!
With love soph x

No comments:

Post a Comment