Wednesday 6 July 2016

My Simple, Simple skincare routine



Today I wanted to introduce you to an affordable, basic yet beneficial skincare routine for all of you that are on a budget. Although, I have previously used a variety of brands on my skin I thought I'd share with you my Simple range which is the cheapest and most kind to my sensitive skin. If you're like me, I don't always find the most expensive products the best on my skin as I could go and splash out £30 on a moisturiser but it wouldn't necessarily be suitable to my skin type, where as I know Simple products suit me down to a T and are a fraction of the price. I carry out majority of this routine once in the morning and then again in the evening, my skin has never felt or looked better and at each product retailing at around the £3 mark, what more could you ask for?



Refreshing Facial Wash Gel:

I tend to use this twice a day as it's my substitute to the 'soap and water wash' but is more gentle to my skin as soap is way too harsh for the face and neck region. This is the first step of my skincare routine, gently cleansing and refreshing my skin first thing in the morning and last thing before bed.


Purifying Cleansing Lotion:

I find this one of the most important steps to keeping my skin healthy and blemish free as it deep cleanses my skin removing excess makeup, grime and dirt that is trapped within my pores. This helps to reduce breakouts as it thoroughly cleans out even the deepest of pores which face wash or soap cannot achieve.


Soothing Facial Toner:

It's always important to follow with a toner after you've cleansed your skin as it first of all removes any excess cleanser, closes the pores and helps tighten the skin, supposedly, leaving your skin to look more youthful as the years go on. I'm always left feeling so fresh-faced after using this toner creating the perfect clean and refreshed base before applying my moisturiser.



                                   
Hydrating Light Moisturiser:

After I've washed, cleansed and toned my face and neck, I then lightly moisturise my skin to prepare my final base before applying my makeup. I purposely chose a 'light moisturiser' as I don't like wearing a heavy product on my face and this leaves my skin feeling light and airy, letting my skin breathe. I leave this around 10 minutes before applying my makeup products, letting the moisturiser settle into my skin.



                                   
Deep Cleansing Face Mask:

Unlike my facial wash, cleanser, toner and moisturiser, where I use them twice a day, I only use this face mask a few times a week...purely due to lack of time and the fact that hardly anyone uses a facemask on a daily basis as its not an essential but acts as a extra deep cleanse for my skin. I find this mask brilliant as it only needs to be left on your face for around 3  minutes and I really do find it works even within such a short period of time. Since using this mask, my skin has been left with minimal breakouts and has left my face feeling smoother than ever before.


Love Soph x

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely loooove Simple's skincare range. Was thinking of doing a post on my regime too! Not tried the face mask though so now I have to! Great post :)
    Sarah :: scarletstate.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw I'm super glad you enjoyed this post! The mask is definitely worth the try, for the price, you really can't complain! X

      Delete