Thursday 14 July 2016

(MATTE ME) Sleek Liquid lipsticks



Sleek is a fairly new brand to me, I have yet to test majority of their range, aside from the Sleek powdered contour kit, so I am still very sceptical but excited to give one of their new products a go. Liquid lipsticks really took off  and hit the market hard when Miss Jenner brought out her lip kits, which obviously have been proved popular. Although, if you're like me and a student on a budget, spending that amount of money on the product and shipping just isn't viable, so alternatives are the way forward. Today, I am finally loosing my liquid lipstick virginity.

                   
    

When it comes to lip products, I'm either a very nude, nude girl or a 'in your face' kinda girl, with light brown, reds and dark purples steal my heart every single time. Although, this time around I thought I'd try a pallet a little more unusual for me, gravitating towards a more pinkish, red shade. Varying in 12 shades, you're not limited with pallet choice, from baby pinks to fiery reds, Sleek are offering it all within this range. 'BITTERSWEET' is my choice today and if all goes well, retailing at only £4.99, I'll definitely be purchasing the collection.

Firstly, the  packaging is simply 'sleek' (excuse the pun), a minimal matte black lid, with an embossed logo and clear casing, it's easy to view the shade without even swatching. Quick pallet choice if you're in a major rush.




I normally steer away from a lip-gloss styled brush as I find the application more difficult than using a lip brush or a block lipstick.  Although, due the the slight angling on the applicator, it did help with getting into the creases of the lip and edging toward the corners without smudging past the lip line. However, I would recommend using this product along with a lip liner to assist with a smooth line.

For the price, I wasn't getting my hopes up but O M G, I was so pleasantly surprised and definitely would recommend. The lip cream is so pigmented, 'matte-tified' to the max and glides on your lips effortlessly. The product drys super quick which helps to avoid smudging and budging throughout the day. However, I would state that this product is very drying, so if your lips are normally dry and dehydrated, like mine, ensure you moisturise, moisturise and moisturise a little more before application and you could always apply a gloss on top if preferred.

A little elbow grease is needed to remove the product at the end of the day as it does NOT budge. ONLY £4.99, WHAAAAAT. Overall a really good must-have lip product if you're on a budget.




P.S. Not 100% sure this shade suits me, maybe I shall be sticking to my usual pallet from now on *Covers face*.

{Click here to purchase}



Any lip products you're loving or desising lately? Let me know
With love, Soph x

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your blog with me on Twitter. I love the look of the lip cream, lip creams are great :-)

    http://www.blogwithlove.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for popping over, I'll be sure to give your blog a visit also:) So thrilled you enjoyed the post x

      Delete
  2. Hi I am yet to try the brand sleek but duper looking forward tooo. I'm similar to you with a low budget sometimes when it comes to makeup so I'll give these a go and try out some colours. Thanks

    Rosieloveafashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have recently been trying out a few shades from this range! I've found the darker shades to be very patchy and flakey unfortunately though.
    If you are more into nudes you might like the shade Birthday Suit.
    Lucie xo | lucieleannexo.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete