Tuesday 9 August 2016

New in Beauty haul *top picks*



Who isn't a huge sucker for beauty hauling? I must admit, I don't usually splash out on several products all in one go but considering I'm jetting off for my Summer holiday soon, there's no better excuse. The brands are very samey-samey within this haul as NYX and Makeup Revolution are both the main contributers, but after reading blog post after blog post about how a amazing these brands both are, I couldn't resist picking up a few bits. *squeamish, excited voice*. I am yet to do a full face using these products, although I have had a little play around and swatched everything, so everything below is solely based on my first impressions (more in depth posts coming soon babes).

 I have only picked out a few of my so-far-favourite products, as otherwise we'd be here all day, enjoy x


NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick (06 PUSHUP)




Every blogger and their mother owns one of these beauties but honestly, I couldn't resist the hype. I'm not usually a Liquid Lipstick kinda girl as I usually stick to MAC Mattes, although these are so smooth and provide minimal stickiness, although I would say wait till the gloss has dried to gain full effect and feel of them. The whole collection follows the nude pallet and to me, many shades appear very similar. I gravitated towards Pushup as it's similar to the 'Kinda Sexy' MAC Lipstick, which I adore but have sadly used all up. A  nude-brown shade with pinkish undertones. LOVE.

I team this with the NYX Retractable Lip liner in the shade Nude. Also a huge new makeup bag favourite.

NYX Sculpt&Highlight brow contour duo (Cream/Brunette)




This is legit my new found love! I've tested this once and omg, I can NOT wait to wear this on a day to day basis.The precise applicator is perfect for shading/filling/outlining your brows, with just one product your brows are tamed and ready to go. The highlighter varies from which shade you go for, ensuring it compliments your eyebrow colour down to a T. Such a smooth product to apply too.


NYX Hydra Touch brightening pencil (GLOW)




This in effect is a highlighter but subtle, great for a day to day basis and avoids too much of a gleam on your nose and cupids arrow etc., girls, you need this. This applies on the skin like an absolute breeze, can't wait to contour with this! Think this will be absolutely perfect for brightening the under eye area to create an illuminating effect and hiding those bags.

Collection Colour Lash Mascara (Clear)


A clear mascara is my go-to product when setting my eyebrows into place for the day and at around the £3 mark, you can not go wrong.Clump free and the spoolie, obviously, provides the perfect applicator whilst brushing the brows into place.


Soap&Glory SUPERCAT Eyeliner pen



What beauty guru hasn't raved about this product? I just had to give this a go and considering eye liner pens are my favourite way to apply my cat eye liner, this was a must for myself. I only tend to wear jet black liner, which this appears to be, whilst the applicator isn't too thin or thick, resulting in, hopefully, the perfect application.

Makeup Revolution Ultra Blush Pallet (Golden Sugar)








I've been looking for the perfect holiday bronze/blush/highlighter pallet and I can not believe I found one containing everything I want for just £6! I wouldn't say this was the most appropriate range of shades for someone that's fair skinned,although with a tan you'll be looking like a golden goddess. I'm feeling Grecian vibes with this one. To my surprise, all of the shades are super pigmented too, soooo excited to play around with this on holiday.

Makeup Revolution Highlighter Pallette






Forget about splashing out on a Anastasia Glow pallete, this Superdrug alternative looks just as flipping beaut! A champagne gold, A pearly pink and A undertoned lilac shade, perfect and suitable for all skintones. They're so pigmented and if aim is to look like a glazed doughnut, this is the one for you.

Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge

I usually apply my makeup base with a brush, although I find it's not the best option if you're after the perfect blend. I've heard raving reviews regarding using a Beauty Blender for your makeup base, but I just cant justify spending £16+ on a sponge, so this was my cheaper alternative. I'll let you all know how I get on, wish me luck because I have no idea what I'm doing lol. I'll probably dampen before using as this is meant to give off a more dewy finish.

I'm always open to new makeup recommendations, so please, share your beauty secrets with me.

With love Soph x

1 comment:

  1. I love the NYX Lingerie lipsticks, they're so matte and long-lasting! x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete